Oden Veterinary Hospital understands that we are an important part of the medical field and will stay open to care for your pets’ needs. However, we will be implementing new policies that will be in effective to protect our staff, our families, and our community. These policies may change as we observe new developments concerning COVID-19. Please check our Facebook page for our latest updates.
We have a locked door policy at our clinic. Please call ahead or call from your vehicle.
- CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY. Our staff will escort your pet inside for their appointment. The doctor will then speak to you outside or over the phone. Exceptions will be made when necessary.
- Please continue to wear your mask during curbside service.
- We will continue to see pets for illnesses, routine vaccine appointments, and wellness exams. If you have an emergency, please call ahead.
- We will NOT take walk-ins to help prevent crowding. If you do not have a scheduled appointment, please call our clinic from your vehicle for further instructions.
What we ask of our community
- Please stay home if you are feeling ill, have a fever, or are sneezing or coughing. If it is necessary for your pet to bee seen due to illness or an emergency, please call our clinic to discuss the situation with our staff.
- Please be courteous to our staff and other clients as they may have friends and family that are high risk for contracting the virus.
- We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. If someone feels the need to verbally abuse our staff, they are not welcome at our clinic.